Thursday, October 15, 2009

200...WHAT?!


Today is a milestone for me. No, I don't weigh 200 lbs, I haven't won $200, or exercised 200 minutes this week. I don't even own 200 pairs of shoes (although I'm working on it). Nope...today is a milestone because it is my 200th post on my blog! (I hear y'all cheering, don't deny it.)

So, let me just say - thanks for reading, all of those who read, thanks for commenting, all of you who comment, and thanks for saying prayers for me when I have asked you to. I know I don't write about anything deep or too important, just daily musings in the life of an ordinary Southern woman, muddling her way through wifehood, step-motherhood, daughterhood, sisterhood, friendshiphood (yeah that was a stretch) - well, you get the idea. The thing is...all of us have something to learn from each other and share with each other and, thanks to the Internet and blogging, I have been able to connect with folks that otherwise I wouldn't know existed in this big 'ole world and I've gotten to get a peek into their stories, ideas, tragedies, and triumphs. I've even picked up some fashion advice, cool stores to shop at, and things to do - all because of people taking the time to sit down and just type. So easy, yet so effective - the perpetual butt butter to my soul.

Raise a glass, girls and guys - here's to 200 more posts, 200 more lessons learned, and hopefully 200 more laughs with few tears in between. Life is good, I am blessed, and down the road of writing I continue on.

Y'all have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Cheers to you my daughter! I so enjoy your blog...you read well!