Monday, October 12, 2009

We are baacckkk!!!

We drove back into the Upstate yesterday evening and I must say that even though our vacation was wonderful and much needed, I am so glad to be home. I am a home body to the core, y'all, and not afraid to admit it. Plus, it was just so dang hot on the coast of SC these past few days! It was like summer was sticking around even though my calendar definitely put us in the middle part of October. It just doesn't seem right to see Halloween decorations without the accompanying falling leaves and such. And celebrating the fall time of year in a bathing suit just seems...wrong.

But here, today, in my neck of the woods, it is cold and rainy - good soup weather, in my opinion! And I'm wearing my first turtleneck of the season...I sure am ready for the cold weather - but come March, y'all know I'll be chomping at the bits to put on my warm weather clothes. Tonight, sweet hubby will be pulling down the Halloween decorations and warm weather clothes. I finally feel comfortable enough to put up my light cotton and short sleeves - it looks like fall is here to stay.

And although I will share more about our beach trip as the week goes on, I wanted to leave you with this - a perfect picture of our relaxing few days at the family beach house, taken by my multi-talented husband - and edited by me at Picnik.


It's real good to be home.

No comments: