Tuesday, May 5, 2009

100 Posts Down...

Today is a milestone for me - I have posted 100 times! So in honor of that, I'm going to post 100 interesting things about myself that you are probably dying to know. Um, not really. I wouldn't know 100 interesting things and I certainly wouldn't make ya'll read them.

In other news - last night, Chelle and I were talking babies. Not having them ourselves or anything, but about a mutual friend who is with child. Anyway, Chelle saw the sonogram pics yesterday and we got to talking about how crazy it is that you can see the whole entire face in detail when the baby is still in there! So Chelle tells me that the eyeballs aren't developed until like, the last month. Which I was like, no freakin' way. She was convinced and since neither of us has our own kids (biological, not to discount Miss Bug), we really couldn't argue with much authority on the subject. So this morning, I get an email from Chelle because she is on top of things, that lets me know that the eyes don't open until the 8th month but that the eyes are there. Whew, myth debunked. Then she tells me some even more disturbing news...that the baby's eyes don't move to the front of the head until the THIRD month of pregnancy. Um, what? Where are the eyes prior to month three?

Okay, I realize that the miracle of life is a beautiful thing and all, but in all honesty it freaks me the heck out. Chad and I talk about this occasionally because (obviously) he has been through the pregnancy thing before and he thinks the whole process is just wonderous. I think it's sucky. You get skinny to fend off the after marriage pounds, then you get knocked up and gain them all back AND you (possibly) get stretch marks and have this alien thing in there kicking you and you may puke the whole time. Sounds just fabulous. Can't wait.

Wow, I just wrote a whole post on...babies. Oh well, stranger things have happened. Happy one hundredth post day, ya'll!

No comments: