Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Rewind

I didn't go to Jazzercise last night. Now before you start booing and hissing at me, let me tell you that better plans came up. Namely, a dinner date with my sister, my step-mom, my mom mom, and my hubby. Sweating like a pig under the glare of the Jazzercise Nazi or hanging out with some of my favorite people? Wow, what a decision!

My sister is 3 and is becoming more and more independent every day. Last month she wanted to be a firefighter (due to the grand experience she had at Firehouse Subs) and now she wants to be a doctor. This is due to a fetching doctor's kit that she carries around with her, complete with a "telescope" as she refers to the stethoscope. It's so cute that I don't have the heart to correct her. Upon my arrival, she gave me a full physical exam, complete with a shot which I acted like hurt terribly. She thought this was hilarious and proceeded to give me several more shots in the arm. I am pretty sure I am immune to the swine flu or whatever various diseases are going around. Thanks GJ.

She did the same thing to Chad when he got there and then decided to ignore me and the rest of the world and give her full attention to my husband. GJ is like that - she is enthralled with Chad, like any red blooded female should be! She's been that way since the two of them met, when she was 9 months old. I'm sure that any other sisterly relationship would suffer if the spouse of one paid more attention to the wrong sister, but in this case, I'm going to let it slide. The two decade age difference may have something to do with my nonchalance. In any case, GJ is good for hubby - she keeps him young. And healthy, thanks to her doctoring skills.

4 comments:

Stacy from Louisville said...

THanks for following my blog. My daughter and I saw your picture on my page and got really excited. "A bride!!" she said. Thanks for making our day!

Stacy Small
(SFL)

Stacy from Louisville said...

Oh, and you are beautiful. How could I forget?? :)

Krashton said...

I must say that i love your new blog background!!!!!!!! beautiful!!!!!

Kelley said...

Thank you! :) The background was free...just trying to keep it fresh - hehe!