Monday, May 11, 2009

Ticked Off Tuesday

Because Tuesdays are evidently the most productive day of the work week, there is also a chance that Tuesdays could be the day when you get ticked off the most. I know I do. Now, don't blame it on my lack of sleep because my husband sleeps diagonally or my lack of Cymbalta because I have been taking my medication, ya'll. It's something about humanity in general that sometimes REALLY. TICKS. ME. OFF. I know I'm not the only one out there. So let me begin...



This weekend, while shopping with Mama at Steinmart, there seemed to be a plethora of mothers and grandmothers out and about with their babies/grandbabies. Which is fine. I'm not anti-baby by any means. I am, however, anti-stroller. And by stroller, I mean the gignormous tank like hunks of plastic that can evidently hold not only a baby, but a kitchen sink and the preparation for a Southern Sunday dinner. Obviously, these mothers are used to these monsters and have the biceps to prove it, but unfortunately for them, they do not fit in any aisle of any major department store. Or boutique, for that matter. And while we're on the subject, it is somewhat disturbing to be browsing amongst the home goods to find an elderly woman sitting there and bottle feeding a baby. I mean, come on. If I wanted to smell formula, I would go to a daycare. I am at Steinmart, people. I need to smell knock off Yankee Candle scents for goodness sakes! Not poo diapers and spit up! Leave the kids at home! Enjoy a day of freedom! And keep your freakin' tank stroller off my freakin' toe!

4 comments:

Mommie of 2 said...

wow! you better watch out. one of those monster pushin' mommas is gonna put you out with those biceps! ;)

Anonymous said...

While it is true that these so called "ginormous tank-like hunks of plastic" do not fit well in the aisles of department stores...you too will find yourself pushing one through said crammed aisle one day. You'll be b!tching all the while about how they should make those aisles bigger so you can get that tank through there. You might even run over the foot of someone just because you can. Or is that just me?

Kelley said...

I love it! I knew I would get some serious crap for writing that post...and I know the tables will be turned for me one day. Except my ginormous tank will have a flat screen...baby's got to ride in style, yo! :)
*Seriously, to all you mamas out there, please know that I respect ya'll and your right to shop 100%*

crytime said...

maybe you should just stay at home