Thursday, June 11, 2009

Keeps Getting Better

I really love the fact that Chad got laid off. Now, I know that sounds horrible because there are people who are desperate for work, but thankfully, we are able to continue our meager existence on one person's paycheck, the GI Bill, and some unemployment benefits (no, neither of us have ever collected, we've paid in for years, and after spending 3 hours at that God forsaken place on my birthday, we will take WHATEVER money they send and run, thankyouverymuch). For right now, we're okay. And so many things are getting done around my house that just never really got done before.



For instance...yesterday, amid cleaning the poo, Chad also decided to just take a go at the floors in our bedroom so he swept out from behind our bed. I'm sure the amount of fur collected could have covered several small animals with new hair and last night, I slept in less hair bliss (please note that this is different from "hair-less bliss" - our home will never be that). Do I ever have time to move the bed and sweep the fur balls? Negative. But my stay at home husband does.



He also cooked me dinner last night. With candle light and a dozen of the prettiest pink roses God ever made. On the night that Season 2 Disc 1 of "Big Love" arrived at our house. Life does not get better. And while we were eating, he casually motioned towards the French doors in our kitchen and I noticed, to my delight, that the curtains had been hung back up...on our new curtain rod! He had kept himself busy all day, bless him. And when he sees the list of things I still want him to do...well, he may be searching for gainful employment sooner than I think!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I loved your blog name - had to stop by! Bless your husband for being so giving with his time while at home. Don't let it go unnoticed, as I am sure you know. GIVE A GRATEFUL HUG TO A GODLY, GOOD MAN!

Bless you siesta,

Siesta OC