Monday, June 29, 2009

Whew, what a weekend!

Well, I couldn't blog about what this past weekend was going to entail last week because my mama reads my blog religiously and this weekend was about HER! She is turning 50 next week and my step-dad threw a big surprise party for her at the Hyatt downtown on Saturday night. I wanted to blog about my cute new dress from WHBM (don't be alarmed at the price, I had coupons), the struggle I had to find cute shoes to match, or the excitement I was consumed with in finding the perfect gag gift. But Mama had to be kept in the dark and the look on her face when she walked in the room was worth me not spilling the beans on this blog. You're welcome, David. :) I had to instead spill everything to Chelle (who also look fabulous at the party), so I wouldn't write about it.

So it's back to work this morning after such a fun filled weekend, but I am so looking forward to the coming extra long weekend that will hopefully be spent down at the lake house, if Chad and Daddy can get the pontoon running. I am so excited at the thought of eating greasy hot dogs from Leonard's (sold right next to the fishin' bait, by the way) and eating boiled peanuts while driving down the lake (bliss!). It looks like it will be a full house - my SIL, BIL, and MIL will be coming down for a night, along with my two nieces, and, hopefully, my step-daughter will be joining us, too. If not, be looking for a post entitled Baby Mama Part Two later on this week. It will explain everything.

And can I just say that my niece saw the "Thriller" video for the first time yesterday? I don't think she was quite as impressed with it as I was at her age, but then again, when I was her age, the coolest thing ever was Super Mario Bros on Nintendo, something that is now considered "antique technology." Oh well, even though it's a little late, Tori is discovering how fun listening to MJ can be. She was asking me to moonwalk yesterday. I spared everyone the embarassment.

No comments: