Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spanx you for asking

My Spanx are cutting off my ability to breathe. Perhaps they shrunk in the wash, perhaps I have expanded in the three years since I first purchased them. I don't know. All I know is that I finally understand what Scarlett O'Hara meant when she was laced up and on her way to Twelve Oaks for the barbecue..."I don't know how I'll get through the day without belching!" I feel ya, girl, I feel ya.

If anyone out there doesn't know what Spanx is, please visit www.spanx.com and then punch yourself in the face for missing out on this wonderment of an undergarment. Not quite a girdle, but more than just a pair of panties...they truly will change your life. And your respiratory patterns. They smooth, they hold the pooch in, and they don't show through clothes, such as my light cotton capris that I tried to wear WITHOUT Spanx last night, but after popping a button and stretching some (semi) important seams, I donned the Spanx underneath this morning and went on my way.

So despite not being able to take deep breaths and making funny noises when I'm in the bathroom because they are NOT easy to pull back up, I am looking good today. Thank you, high rise mid-thigh shaper from Spanx. I would have split my capris without you.

No comments: