Thursday, September 24, 2009

Filling An Empty (Wall) Space

I think one of the hardest things about decorating a home is finding stuff to put on the walls. I have the hardest time trying to decide what would or would not look good, should it be a photo, should it be matted, etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately, my lack of decision making ability has led to some really bare spaces in my house (not counting the lack of a couch in the living room - that bare space is its own separate story). Because I can be very easily overwhelmed when it comes to trying to decorate a home, which is why I can't go in the Target home section anymore, I have decided to just take it room by room.

Right now, the room at the center of my glare is the kitchen. First of all, let me say that I love my kitchen. It is probably the biggest room in the house and my dad paid a cabinet maker to come in and put in a pantry and I love it. What I don't love are the massive spaces of wall on two sides that don't balance with the massive amounts of cabinets (for a small house) on the other side. I also don't love the cabinet hardware, but that too is another post.

In my quest for trying to find wall art that doesn't look a.) cheap b.) chintzy or c.) like I don't know a dang thing about art or decorating, I came across this site and found these prints that I just fell madly in love with. I'm thinking of getting all four of them and having them matted and framed at Hobby Lobby (50% off sale every other week, you know). They are original

No comments: