Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Change Up

Well, I went into the psychiatrist's waiting room armed with my Starbucks, fresh make up, and cute shoes. And I came out alive. And with a little bit of hope because guess what? My medication was WRONG WRONG WRONG to begin with and if I had listened to those around me who love me, maybe I could have avoided this whole I'mfatbecauseofantidepressants thing altogether by being on the RIGHT meds in the first place. Amazing how clearer things look in hindsight. And amazing how people around you can pull together to make things that seem horrendous okay...

Like my mom. And my husband. And my supportive friends. And my dogs who stink and have bad breath but who are so freakin' glad to see me at the end of the day that they act a little crazy.

So even though this was the summer I was supposed to get off my meds, it has turned into the fall that the tides began to turn for my mental health. I am welcoming that like I'm welcoming the falling leaves.

Hello Fall!

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I read your comment on Tim's blog Forever Wherever and had to stop by and say hello. I'm glad that I did! Nice to meet you!

~ Debbie