Monday, January 4, 2010

Two Thousand & Ten

I haven't blogged in a while. There are many reasons why, but really, I just didn't have the time to devote to doing what I love to do the most - write. Luckily for me, my time in these past few months have been spent with the people I love the most doing various holiday things...pumpkins at Halloween, turkeys at Thanksgiving, a glorious Christmas filled with surprise and our real Christmas tree, and topping it all off with New Year's this past Friday...complete of course with collard greens, black eyed peas, and corn bread, made by my mama, as has been the tradition in our family for years and years.

I like tradition.

In taking a break from the blog, I have reevaluated why I'm writing in the first place. To be funny? To account for important events in my life? Or to be popular in the "blogosphere"? I have struggled with these questions because I want to be on here for the right reasons - not to say that I ever gained popularity in the blogosphere by any means! The blogs that I love the most are the most simple and tell the best stories. They keep it real.

I like to keep it real.

I am excited about two thousand & ten. I have a lot of resolutions, some which I will probably not keep and will look back and feel like a failure when the clock ticks to 2011. I think that's pretty much the case with everyone. But hopefully this year will be more about conquering than failing. And I am in charge of keeping an account of it.

I'm glad I'm back.

No comments: