Thursday, February 25, 2010

Box 'O' Cookies

Although February is a fun month because of Valentine's Day, tax returns checks, and the last days of winter, the real beauty of February is that it's the month when the Girl Scouts break out the big guns and sell gazillions of boxes of overpriced cookies that make me get out of my winter funk and ready to party it up over some Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

I am such a sucker for Girl Scout Cookies. I have no idea why. I mean, I would hardly consider them a gourmet delicacy or anything, but really, the GScouts had a pretty sweet idea when they decided to make a pretty dang good cookie BUT only sell it once a year. It's the "once a year" thing that is genius...you look forward to them ALL YEAR LONG and then when they finally start selling them, you buy them EVERYWHERE THEY ARE SOLD. And then you eat like a box at a time. And then feel guilty and then feel less guilty because really, it's like an annual holiday, so why not indulge?

Today I have eaten a whole sleeve of Thin Mints. Yesterday it was 7 Peanut Butter Patties. And like two Caramel Delites.


Box 'o' Cookies

I think I have a problem.

Also...I had a fantastic time last night and am so looking forward to starting my voluntering with the JL!

No comments: