Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4....

Counting. It's becoming my life. How many points? How many calories? What's left for the day? UGH. Fighting the good fight to lose the weight and feel GRRREEAATTT is truly frustrating. I look back and think about the good 'ole days when I didn't have to worry and I could kick myself. I should have just moved right into Chick-Fil-A and enjoyed the heck out of those Brownie a la modes when I had the chance!

My second doctor's appointment was yesterday in the quest to wean me off the "wonder" drug, Cymbalta. I have been really encouraged because I have had no crazy side effects with my lower dosage. Now, the plan is to take 20 mg every other day. I have to admit...I'm freaked. If you aren't familiar with Cymbalta, stay that way! Withdrawals from this drug are awful - brain "zaps" (which are really hard to explain, but if you have one you'll know it), fatigue, nausea, upset tummy...the list goes on and on. I have experienced some of these side effects personally - like on the days when I missed taking my pill. It wasn't pretty.

The point is though, ya'll, I am past phase one. That is reason to celebrate! Which is why I am now drinking my new favorite dessert...an Acai Allure from Keva Juice. All you Greenvillians - head on over to Keva on Woodruff Road (in the Whole Foods shopping center, beside Chipotle). This particular fabulousness that is hitting my taste buds as I type, has only 166 calories and 1 gram of fat (12 oz). Can't beat it. And it's healthy for you! Hubby is fond of the Bananarama.

Speaking of hubby, can I just get an amen for wonderful husbands? Today he is down at the lake house in Fairplay doing some work on the house, yard, and getting the pontoon up and running. It will be nice to be back down at the lake with my own little family later this summer and hopefully eatin' some boiled peanuts while ridin' down the lake! (I wonder how many points/calories are in boiled peanuts...???)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd stop by & say hi =)

And btw, I'm so jealous that ya'll have Keva Juice up there!! We used to, but they just up and disappeared one day. My favorite was the Raging Bull - it was a little taste of heaven here on Earth!

Kelley said...

Thanks for stopping by! :) I'm hoping our Keva won't disappear. Honestly, I feel like I am their only devoted customer. If they take the Acai away from me, there may be problems. ;)