Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big Sleep

I am so tired today and there are two reasons why: Netflix and "Big Love."

Last week, I decided to sign up for the free two week trial of Netflix because a.) we are permanently banned from Blockbuster and b.) we tried doing the Redbox thing and cost ourselves a couple of hundred because we continually bought the DVD's...couldn't quite get the hang of you know, taking them back. I currently have copies of "Marley & Me", "Transformers", and "Benjamin Button" all in their red Redbox cases. To name a few.

In steps Netflix. Can I just say that I am in love? I know that I'm probably five years behind the majority of other people who discovered Netflix when it was still super cool, but I don't care. I am a huge fan. And I love to get mail. I am so the target market for this company. Our (my) first choice was Season 1 of HBO's "Big Love." And both Chad and I are hooked. We are currently on disc 3 of Season 1 with one more episode to go...and the drama is intense! Any other "Big Love" fans out there? I realize that it's probably not the best family show ever, but the writing is fantastic and the premise is hilarious...modern day polygamists and all their woes. Interesting to say the least.

But I am tired. We watched two episodes last night and looked at the clock and it was 11 pm. WAY past my regular bed time of 7:30. So I'm exhausted. But I'm getting caught up on Bill and Barb and Nikki and Margie. That's really all the matters.

No comments: