Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Psyched" Out

So in the quest of trying to rid myself of the plague that is also known as OCD, I have my very first psychiatric appointment tomorrow. Anxiety Level - 150%. Concern over what to wear so that I don't appear to be crazy - 98%. I may be slightly nuts, but by God, I am going to look good. I would rather be the well-dressed crazy than the bag lady crazy, ya know?

In all seriousness, I am pretty freaked out about going, and not just because I'm afraid a movie will be made called What About Kel? or something. I'm just scared. Like I've told y'all before, I've done the therapy thing and I know deep down that I'm going to be okay, but I feel like my whole mental illness thing has been taken to the next level with going to see a psychiatrist. It kind of sucks that they have gotten such a lousy rep, but they have. You say psychiatrist, I think Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. (I'm sorry, I don't really know what's up with the movie references in this post. But since I'm off topic and willing to go completely on a tangent about movies, hubby and I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and it was hilarious. Seriously. Rent it. But be prepared to be bombarded with crudeness and bad language. Such are the ingredients of a wonderful Judd Apatow movie. Love him. Also, the girl from "That 70's Show" stars in the movie. Why did she drop off the radar - 'cause she is so gorgeous and funny, too. If I could look like a movie star, it would be a mix between her, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, and Charlize Theron. Just saying.)

Alrighty, back to my post on going to see a pyschiatrist. I'm not really sure what happened up there, but whatever. I'm nervous. I need something to wear that says "Hi, I'm more in control of my mind than you think" rather than "Hi, I'm nuts and need help." Even though the latter sentence is the most accurate.

I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll see Bon Jovi, a la, Carrie Bradshaw on that "Sex & the City" episode. If so, I'm totally making him sing "Livin' On A Prayer." I think that would be really appropriate.

No comments: