Friday, October 2, 2009

Curvy Low Rise?

Why yes, those two words were actually in the same sentence, I mean label today!

In my quest to find some jeans since the wall eating dog took a chunk out of mine, I went to Ann Taylor Loft where they promised that they would have jeans for "curvy" girls like myself. I know that at one time these jeans were a reality because I own a pair, albeit a pair with a dog bite in them (but still wearable, as I am sporting them today). Curvy meaning contoured through the hip and thigh, but mid-rise so as to hide the muffin top that threatens to overtake me at times. Unfortunately, the designers at Ann Taylor Loft must have spent the summer throwing up in a bulemic craze before unveiling the fall line. Because their "curvy" jeans do absolutely nothing for the "curvy" girl when they are low-rise so as to showcase that sensitive area above the hip that sticks out in a most unfortunate way.

I thought maybe my need for lunch was possibly making my stomach pooch out more, so I finally just threw the dang jeans down and left in a huff. I'm sure the sales clerk that had to clean up my dressing room is a HUGE fan of me at this point. When I got back to work, I immediately went to gap.com in the hopes of finding curvy jeans that aren't low rise. According to their website, I am "you know what" out of luck. And I just can't monetarily do a pair of designer jeans, which would probably make me feel even worse about myself since they are all in European sizes that make American sizes look like big 'ole Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

In other news that doesn't have to do with my futile search for jeans, a little bird told me that Old Navy yoga pants were $2.50. Why yes, I did just swoon, since my holey J.Crew yoga pants are begging to be sent to that great clothing pile in the sky. Actually, a bird didn't tell me, but the genius that is Big Mama had it posted on her blog. So yes, I will be visiting Gap's red headed cousin, Old Navy to stock up on some much needed pants with a stretchy waist. Go visit her today for some real fashion advice/news instead of mindless complaining.

You might just learn something.

1 comment:

Mommie of 2 said...

Had any luck with Lucky jeans at Buckle? Long and Lean from the GAP are really worth trying on. They might not look great on the hanger, but no matter the point in my life, those jeans have always worked well. Good Luck Pretty Lady!