Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inspired

I am a huge fan of Stephanie Nielsen, the author of the Nie Nie Dialogues, wife, mother to four, and currently recovering from a plane crash that burned over 80% of her body. I have talked about her to my family and friends, most recently sharing her story with my SIL, who was as captivated as I was. I even wrote Stephanie a short email...totally weird and random, but sometimes I think it's okay to let the people who inspire you know that they do, even if you don't know them personally.

Anyway, today's post on the Nie Nie Dialogues is her top 2009 moments with her husband, Mr. Nielsen. In the spirit of imitation being the best (if not the most original) form of flattery, I took my cue from her and would like to share my top ten moments with my mister with you all...

10. Watching the entire series of The Office with Chad on Netflix and wasting many many enjoyable hours doing so (and constantly comparing our story to Jim & Pam).

9. Chad cooking dinner while he's out of school and me coming home and not having to do a thing. What a treat!

8. Going to the beach in October to celebrate our anniversary (belatedly) and being able to relax and eat fantastic seafood the whole time.

7. Spending almost every summer weekend at the lake house with our family and friends.

6. Watching Chad become closer to my dad...something I believe is a key factor to his current sobriety. Thank you a million times over, honey.

5. Feet touching before sleep. Every night. Large talons and all.

4. Cuddling with the puppies...it's a daily must and it's always fantastic.

3. The celebration of a year's worth of birthdays, holidays, days that aren't anything special on a calendar, but still celebrating...especially celebrating our first year of marriage.

2. Silly songs, made up phrases, and basically being "tenderoni ponies."

1. Hand holding in the car. I'm so glad it hasn't stopped.




No comments: