Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Waiting For Spring

It is cold today here in SC. The wind is gusty, making it even colder, and wreaking havoc on hair, which is why mine is pulled up in a pony tail. The trees are bare, the grass is brown, and, even though the sun is shining, the whole world seems to be holding its breath, waiting for Mr.  Winter to breathe his last of the season. Unfortunately, he seems to be on a roll right now.

But sooner or later, spring will come. It always does. And I am so ready for it. I'm ready for weekends at Lake Hartwell, cook outs, Rainbow flip flops, bare feet on freshly mowed grass, boat rides, and spring thunderstorms that shake the windows but leave the world outside fresh and steaming. I'm ready to tuck away my sweaters, scarves, and all things wool and pull out some cotton and linen.

I'm ready for days like this:


And nights like this:



Come on, Spring.


1 comment:

Casey said...

ME TOO! I love spring and summer and rainbows and ALL that great wonderful stuff you just said! Can't wait to share it with my little one this year! =)