Tuesday, June 16, 2009

These Dreams

I dream in technicolor. Seriously. I have always been able to remember my dreams and they are so REAL and lifelike that there have been several occasions when I have woken up and wondered if they really happened. Strange but true. Evidently, dreaming in technicolor can be hazardous to your sleeping partner's health. Like my husband.

So last night, I'm in the middle of this crazy insane dream involving me and a ginormous girl getting into some kind of fist fight and she was trying to stab my with a mechanical pencil. There was no one that I knew in the dream and I'm not normally a violent person, so I have no idea where this came from. But all of a sudden I am kicking (and by kicking I mean full on donkey kicking) my husband, who sits up and is like "WHAT THE CRAP?!" Who can blame him, really. I'm sure if he had been kicking me for no apparent reason, I would have assumed my Linda Blair personality and my head would have started spinning. I came out of my wacked out dream quickly, and realized what I was doing and feeling mortified. Because this has happened before. Um...yeah, you read that correctly. I have physically abused poor Chad before when I was in the middle of a dream. Except that other time...I smacked him in the face. I believe that he used in an expletive when he woke up to THAT.

I don't have violent tendencies, really. I have no idea why I keep having these realistic dreams where I hit people...weird. Maybe I need a vacation. I'm at least going to read up on what these dreams mean. Weird.

No comments: